Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Robot Cards: Everyday Boy Cards

I've been sharing bunches of boy themed layouts lately, and I finally used most of the Echo Park products that I combined. I had a few scraps left, and you all know that I can't throw stuff out! I just had to make a few birthday cards. I really wanted to use some robot stickers that had been in my stash for a while, so I designed the cards around them.

Robot Card_Boy Themed_All Occasion_Red

The first card is all Echo Park scraps except for the robot. I used the firetruck paper because it matched the colors of the robot perfectly. The gears are a silver foil that doesn't show up well in the photo. 

All Occasion Card_Blue_Orange_Robot

This project features a girly robot, but I still think it could work as a boy themed card. It's pretty generic, so it could go either way. The speech bubble is an American Crafts chipboard sticker. I love having a few cards on hand, especially if they will work for multiple occasions. Do you make cards and keep them just in case you need one? 

6 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

Very cute! Yes, I always make sure to have cards on hand. Except sympathy cards. I hate making them and don't want them to feel generic, so I don't stockpile them.... which leads to a lot of panic when I actually need one.

Debbie P said...

Brilliant Heather! These cards are fabulous!

Ange said...

These are both so super cute! Love the robot theme and the colors.
I'm just starting to make more cards, so I usually have a use in mind when I make them.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are adorable! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the colors!!!!

Ashley Horton said...

Love these cards, Heather!! The robots are so awesome!!

Laurie Leahey said...

I have a whole Ziploc bag full of cards ready to go when I need them. Obviously, a Ziploc bag is not a great organization tool, and I really need to re-work that, but at least I've got cards! These robot cards are really cute!