Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Baby, It's COLD Outside!

We have been having some insanely cold weather lately. Last week, we had a sleet storm even though the weatherman predicted snow. Over the last two days, we've had even more ice and sleet. This morning I almost fell three times because I just HAD to get a photo of the front of our house covered in sleet and ice. Of course, my husband and kids were standing on the front porch giggling at me. They're so helpful! 

Sleet Ice_Louisiana_Photography
































I thought it would be fun to share a few of the icy photos that I took. I'm planning to venture out again later once I stop shivering. We are definitely not used to all of this. The local public schools are out for two days, so I gave the kids the day off of homeschool yesterday. Today they are having a light day of reading, and tomorrow it'll be back to our regularly scheduled school days.

I'll have some scrapbook pages to share soon. I have been creating, but it's been too dreary to get good pictures. The sun is out today and I'm hopeful that I'll get the projects photographed.

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh I hate scraping ice off of cars. No fun. Unfortunately, up here things don't close down. Come sleet, ice or snow, no matter how treacherous the roads, we are still expected to go to work. Cuz let me tell you, just because we have snow plows that plow roads and spread salt on the roads, doesn't mean they are always out and the roads are clear. They aren't.

Kids had two snow days this week. That now totals up to 5 just in January. I sure hope there aren't anymore, because we have to make up three of those at the end of the year. I still can't believe they only allow 2 days/yr. up here. Dumb.

Michelle said...

Oh, and I made Ben do schoolwork on his snow days. :P

Doreen Vasquez said...

Great collage of coldness!!
It's been hot here in Cali... it might rain tomorrow...
First rain so far this winter.
Funny how weather can be so different depending on where you live!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You guys have been having insane weather!! I know AZ would literally shut down if that happened here ... our average temps are 110!!! LOL!! I loveeeeeee the photos!!!

Cindy Gay said...

Love the frozen flower!

Cindy deRosier said...

Cool! We haven't had any winter here. We're in drought conditions with picnic weather. It's nice now, but we're going to really be suffering in spring and beyond if we don't get rain and soon.

Debbie P said...

I'm assuming since the fam was giggling, that you weren't getting hurt! Love these photos. I can't even imagine!

A said...

Now that IS cold! My goodness!

Nancy Keslin said...

husbands and children are always helpful..they will help you right off a cliff...laughing and giggling the entire time.