Friday, January 31, 2014

Time To Play: Use It Or Lose It!

I'm still moving forward with my use it or lose it challenge. I have a ton of older products that I just love and don't have the heart to toss or donate yet. The only issue with that is the fact that my supplies are at critical mass. I just can't fit any more into the space I have. For the next few months, I'll be using less recent kits whenever possible. When I scrap with newer products, I'm pulling old goodies to include. If I can't manage to use any of the older supplies... out they go! 

I used a past Scraptastic Club kit to create the projects I'm sharing today. As my challenge products, I chose a handful of matching buttons and a bottle of Stickles. I managed to incorporate the buttons on my layout and the Stickles on my card. 

These photos of Brandon make me smile, I can remember the sounds he made while spinning and bouncing around in his exersaucer. Gosh, they grow up so fast. The chipboard animals were a perfect embellishment choice because of the theme of the exersaucer. 

The card I made with the scraps of this kit is very similar to the robot cards I made a while ago. I struggle with creating boy themed cards for birthdays, and I figured this one would work well for that purpose. 























Speaking of birthdays, I'm planning to scrap some birthday pages later this month so I'll have birthday related .svg freebies coming soon!

9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the photos and the buttons on the lo!!!!!!!!!

Mitra Pratt said...

Adorable!!!! Good job stash busting!

Cindy Gay said...

Awe! Perfect elements at the bottom of the page! Sweet memories. He will love this.

Cindy deRosier said...

Adorable! I need to use up a lot of older stuff too. It's hard when you're on DT's and HAVE to use the latest-and-greatest that they sell on everything. It's nice to be mostly free from that now.

Ashley Horton said...

Adorable layout and card, Heather!!

Sharon Fritchman said...

YAY Heather! I love your use it of lose it challenge! And your layout and card are both wonderful. What a fun layout - I love the photos - such a great memory to scrap! And your card is absolutely adorable!

Debbie P said...

I absolutely love both of these! So darn cute! Awesome job!

Nancy Keslin said...

oh goodness...look how stinkin cute he is...lovely layout and card. great use of those older goodies.

S said...

Kewt!