Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Back In The Saddle: The Sampler Kit Club

As most of you know, I took a break from designing at the end of Summer 2013 to get all of my ducks in a row so I could begin homeschooling my kids. It took me about six months to get into a routine, and I missed my design team work so much. I decided to go back to creating for The Sampler Kit club a few weeks ago, and I'm proud to post my first project with the February 2014 kit called "Love Recorded". 

Sampler Kit Club_Bullying_Scrapbook_Page_Gold
I found a photo of Jordan looking extremely sad in my printed picture stash. This facial expression was one that we saw a lot in 2012-2013 due to the extensive bullying she experienced in third grade. I wanted to write to her and tell her not to believe all of the awful stuff that people said about her. We are slowly rebuilding her self-confidence, and I wanted to journal about how I see her. She is beautiful inside and out! 

Detail Shots_Bullying Layout_Scrapbook
The February kit from The Sampler worked so well for the feminine, pretty look I had in mind for this page. It goes perfectly with her sweet personality. I showed her the layout this morning and she smiled shyly. I'm hoping that she took my words to heart!

9 comments:

Doreen Vasquez said...

As I said over at SB.com:
Beautiful layout and journaling!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I loveeeeeeee that sweet photo of J, the triangle design, and the journaling is just sooooo amazing!!!!!!!!!!

Ashley Horton said...

How exciting to be back with a Team, Heather!! Love your gorgeous page design and even with the sad face, this is a beautiful photo of your girlie!

Debbie P said...

This is so precious! She is one beautiful little girl! She is so blessed to have you as her mommy! Beautiful work Heather. And glad your back in the saddle!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Wow this is a great design! Love this so much!!!

carol said...

The layout is fabulous and you are a fabulous momma!!

Cindy deRosier said...

I'm so glad to hear you're back to DT work! This LO is beautiful.

Cindy Gay said...

She is fabulous and beautiful! Mom is too:)

Nancy Keslin said...

such a lovely photo of ms j. love your use of the kit...all that beautiful pink.