Saturday, February 22, 2014

Curricula & Botox: A Photo Update

Today, I'm posting a mini photo update so you all can see what we've been up to lately! Ronnie and I decided to order the kids' 2014-2015 curricula early so I could have time to review it and set things up over the summer. Alexis and I unpacked everything, checked it off of the shipping list, and promptly repacked it until the end of this school year. I know, it's a ton of books but I teach Brandon separately. This isn't everything I ordered. There were a few things on back order, but I'm sure they'll be here before we start. That's another great thing about ordering early.


Brandon was super happy this week when one of his friends came over to hang out. Boy playdates are definitely different than the girls'. All they wanted to do was play Minecraft together. They were shrieking and hollering about sheep and buildings. I'm just glad he has someone his own age to "be bros with". 


Jordan had another round of Botox shots in her legs on Wednesday. She had over 20 shots on both legs and ended up with 17 bandages that we had to pull off. She is such a trooper though, later that afternoon she was up walking around even though she was still in pain. We found out from her doctor that he would like to have her legs put in casts to help maintain the range of motion that the Botox shots give her. She's getting them next week and as of now, we aren't sure how far the casts will go up on her legs. I'm trying to keep her from being sad about it, so I've promised her that we'll bling the casts with jewels and have everyone sign them. They'll be the most sparkly, girly casts in the history of ever. 


She's such a fighter, and I'm so lucky to be her Mom. I get to see her make her imprint on the world through sheer faith and true grit. I've said it before, and I'll say it again... I hope to be just like her when I grow up.

7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Poor girl... I hope they can come up with a solution for her after the next round of shots!

Cindy deRosier said...

Jordan is amazing. I love hearing what a fighter she is. Can't wait to see the blingy casts!

nylene said...

What a trouper! I wish your daughter well.

Debbie P said...

Wow, poor little girl. She's amazing! Wow, that's a lot of books! Holy moly!

S said...

Oh my, I'm saying a prayer for that sweet brave little girl right now. Wishing her and you all the best.

Nancy Keslin said...

poor J...she has been thru so much these past few weeks. Curriculum junky? lol

Amanda Sevall said...

Ah, poor Jordan. She's such a trooper. And those blingy casts she ended up with are the cutest. You are an awesome Mom Heather!!! :)