Thursday, February 20, 2014

Fun Memories And Chalk Art: Use It Or Lose It

I pulled an older Scraptastic Club kit as part of my Use It Or Lose It challenge, and it included October Afternoon's Midway line. The super color combination worked well with so many photos that I had a hard time deciding which to use. I ended up choosing a picture that I previously had a hard time scrapping because of the colors in the photo.

Chalk_Art_Scrapbook Page_Scraptastic_Banner
Someone bought the girls a HUGE bucket of Crayola chalk and they used it nearly every day during the summer in 2008. My entire front porch and carport were always covered in art. The kids were coated in chalk dust too, but it made them extremely happy. I'm not ashamed to admit that I colored too. We crafty types have to stick together!

I also made a card for a friend who had a baby recently. I adore the rubber duckie game at carnivals, so it's no surprise that I had to find a project to showcase my duckie scraps. 

Duck_Midway_Scrapbook_Card_Baby

You know that picture update I promised? It's still in the works. Mostly because I forgot, and I backed up all of my photos right after I edited them. They are now on my EHD, and that means I'll have to go dig everything out and move it back over. I may have to do an iPhone picture update just to share what's up in my crazy house.

9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are gorgeous! I love love love the colors and loving the banner on your lo!! And they sure do love chalk!!! Both Adam and Brookie have always loved drawing with it!! :)

Cindy deRosier said...

Beautiful layout! Love the baby card too.

Ashley Horton said...

Adorable layout Heather!! Love the bokeh paper and the cute banner! And the Midway collection is so fun on your card!

Cindy Gay said...

I bet you can create beautiful sidewalk art too!

Debbie P said...

Both of these are absolutely fantastic! Love, love, love!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Love your layout and that cute card! That collection has to be one of my all time favourites for sure!!!

A said...

Very pretty. You're so creative!

S said...

Adorable banner on that page. And such a cute card too.

Nancy Keslin said...

so super cute...the girls covered in chalk dust, your coloring, the adorable card, the banner. cut it out.