Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Use It Or Lose It: Girly Edition

I am still working my way through a bunch of older product in my use it or lose it challenge. I found a Katlin Crate Paper collection in my stash that was several years old, so I decided to create a kit with it. I pulled gems, old die cuts, and flowers that matched. Nearly everything on the three pages that I'm sharing today is more than two years old. (Possibly more than three... I'm not quite sure about those purple gems.) The newer things are the doilies and white die cuts. 

The LOL die cut has been on my desk for a while, and I didn't have a particular story that went with this photo of Jordan. I decided to tell a funny story about something she said when she was seven years old. It was pretty mortifying at the time because everyone in the bathroom laughed, but now it's hilarious.

Funny Scrapbook Page_Little Girl_Crate Paper
Next, I decided on a grid design because grids truly make my heart happy. These pictures are from Ronnie's 33rd and Alexis' 11th birthday party. It's also the day that Ronnie's parents announced that they were taking us to Disney World. 

Those clear flower buttons have been in my stash forever. I can't remember looking in my button bin without seeing them. It was definitely time to put them on a page. 

Grid Design_Scrapbook Page_Flowers_Birthday
Finally, with the last bits of scraps, I made this layout about Jordan insisting that my iPod was really HER iPod. She would yell, "It's MY-Pod!". We finally had to buy her one for Christmas so she'd leave mine alone.

The pink bling swirls on this page have been in my stash for a while as well. Eventually, I'm going to make a dent in all of this stuff. Right?

Sisters_iPod_Crate Paper_Lace_Scrapbook
Do you ever go back and use older products? If I've inspired you to dig deep into your stash, I'd love to see what you make.

10 comments:

Stephanie Diaz said...

Cute. Cute Cute... As usual.. Yeh I am making my way through a couple old kits that I have been adding to slowly.. Now working on the right pics... Lol..

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are gorgeous!! LOVING the colors and loving the grid design on the second one!!!!!!!!

Cindy Gay said...

All are perfect layouts. And look at that dimple!

Michelle said...

These are really cute Heather. It is nice to use up that older product. Is that the iPod we sent you for J?? I remember Greg clearing all of his music off of it, except for Taylor Swift because I told him she loved Taylor and to leave it on.

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Oh wow these are super pretty!!

Debbie P said...

You go girl! Your are doing a fabulous job going through your stash. I got away from it a bit lately. But you are inspiring me to regroup and focus on it again. I love these layouts! The photos are so adorable!

Cindy deRosier said...

I love these, especially the Magic Potty! I've been doing a much better job about using OLD product - on my last layout, the background paper had a copyright date of 2001 printed on it!

Ashley Horton said...

Beautiful pages, Heather! Love the fun story on your first layout! :)

Sharon Fritchman said...

What fun memories to scrap, Heather. All three of your pages are fantastic and tell wonderful stories! I especially LOVED the magic potty story! Absolutely adorable!

Nancy Keslin said...

lovely pages. you really rocked those papers. good for you to digging into the stash.