Monday, May 5, 2014

Blogging Mid-Life Crisis?

I am back after a not so brief blog break. I've been doing some brainstorming about my blog's purpose, and I even debated whether to keep it open or not. Sometimes it seems like a job, and I worry that I'm not posting enough or I'm posting too much. I get a lot of traffic from my freebies, and I have a great core group of readers who support me. The dedicated readers are the reason why I've decided not to quit, but I'd really like to return to blogging for fun. When I first started this blog, I shared a lot of my personality. As I started designing for companies, I felt like I needed to be more professional in what I posted. It was a fine line to walk, and I feel like I lost my desire to write along the way. A few of you asked what was going on and I felt like I needed to answer... Blogging mid-life crisis? I suppose so. 

I have dedicated a lot of time to scrapbooking lately. After I dropped my design teams to homeschool the kids, I didn't have deadlines anymore. I quickly discovered that deadlines are an important part of my scrappy process. Mostly because I don't tend to scrap unless something is due! I'm trying to get back to scrapping for the fun of it. 

Of course, I have layouts to share. I am also planning another scrappy series of posts, but more about that later. (It will be similar to the Father Christmas series I started last Summer.) 

My first page is called "Beep Beep". I'm absolutely in LOVE with my Silhouette and I've used it on every single layout that I've created in the past few months. The supplies for this project came from a Hydrangea Hippo kit that featured American Craft's Chap line. The title is from Miss Kate's Cuttables. These photos help me remember how very happy Brandon was the first time Ronnie let him help wash the Camaro. 

Car Themed_Scrapbook Page_Washing_Stamping Stars

My second layout is called "Hello Nap Time", and the paper is so old that I can't remember the manufacturer's name. Gotta love when you can use old supplies! The chipboard is blackboard from Cosmo Cricket, and the speech bubble die cut was cut on my Cameo. My husband wasn't a big fan of the pictures on this page, but I think they're priceless. Like father, like son!

Grid Layout_Hello_Robot_Button_Nap Time

Finally, I have a project called "Super Boy". I used Stickles on an over-sized chipboard title that my friend, Shannon sent me. Brandon has always been all about going down the slide on our play set in the backyard. I snapped these photos as he was coming down the slide. Can you say extreme close-up? The compass was cut on my Cameo. See? Told you I'm obsessed. 

Little Boy_Robot_Misting_Scrapbook_Gear

That's what I've got today! I hope you all have an amazing day.

12 comments:

Florence Longman said...

I wondered if you were scrapbooking. I haven't seen anything in a while. I know you are busy. Love to all.

Stephanie Diaz said...

Cute... Even though I have seen the 1 st too.... Hey I thought we where scrapping for fun!!! Maybe we need to set deadlines for each other in between scrappy days...

Mitra Pratt said...

Hey there! Good to see u back in blog land with some fun pages! I read you because of your fun kid stories and the personal fun stuff you share and because you have a

Mitra Pratt said...

Awesome scrappy style!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Hey there!!! So happy to see you back and even MORE HAPPY to see you wanting to stick to blogging!!! I love love love your lo's!! They are gorgeous!! LOVING the colors!!!!!

Cindy Gay said...

You always have a productive day. . . glad you had time to create!

Debbie P said...

I love all of your layouts! I'm always glad to see your work, but I know what you mean about blogging. It can feel like a chore sometimes. Just do it when you feel like it. We all understand!

S said...

Well your projects look like you are having fun. I hope your joy for blogging returns and stays with you. I, for one, love dropping by to see what you are up to.

Doreen Vasquez said...

There you are! Glad to hear you're okay.
I myself have taken a break... I think it's been about 2 months since I scrapped or blogged! Yikes!
Eventually I (think) I'll get back to it but right now I am enjoying the break, so I truly understand how you feel (felt)!

Nancy Keslin said...

super cute pages. so glad you are back to blogging.

Cindy deRosier said...

Glad to see you back to blogging! I love your layouts, especially 'Beep Beep.' Hope to see you blogging more but totally understand if there's just too much going on to enjoy it.

Amanda Sevall said...

I have gone back and forth over the years with blogging... I totally hear ya. I'm glad to see you are back with some of your fabulous layouts -- I've missed seeing them!!! Believe it or not, I still do not have a Silhouette... you aren't helping me to not buy one here ;) LOL