Friday, May 16, 2014

Easter Egg Extravaganza: Freebie

Remember the pile of Christmas photos I scrapped last Summer? I am absolutely sure that I have at least as many Easter pictures to get through. I wasn't in the mood to scrap them all consecutively because I have another huge project in the works, but I did want to celebrate Easter by scrapping a few layouts.

I inherited some of Crate Paper's gorgeous "Neighborhood" collection from Nancy after I used every last bit of my own. She was cleaning out her stash, and I can't say no to anything by Crate Paper. They're my favorite manufacturer of scrappy goodness. I used the same collection on the following pages.

1. Coloring Easter Eggs: I was a bit iffy about all of the layers on this project at first, but I've grown to love it. I used Miss Kate's Cuttables' files in several places on this design. I'm still so in love with my Silhouette!

Die Cut_Silhouette_Easter Egg_Dyeing
2. Easter Morning: I learned a new technique to include handwriting on my pages. The die cut title was actually drawn on my iPad and traced in the Silhouette software. It's another neat way to incorporate handwritten accents on my layout.

Silhouette_Handwritten Title_Easter


Look how little the kiddos were! Brandon's little cheeks kill me every.single.time. If you'd like to download the free handwritten title file that I created, click HERE. Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Debbie P said...

These both are absolutely fabulous! Love your title work and the egss on the first one.And the little houses on the 2nd are too cute! Well done!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

That is still one of my FAVE Crate papers!!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeee these!! LOVING the colors and those eggs!!

S said...

What cute colorful pages - such fun!

Sharon Fritchman said...

I agree with Julie - I love these Crate papers!!!! And you used them beautifully, Heather! I love, LOVE how you scrapped these fabulous Easter photos! Both of your layouts are simply adorable!

Laurie Leahey said...

These are really super cute! I had some of the Crate Paper stuff that you used in your second layout. LOVE that collection!

Cindy Gay said...

Pretty Easter colors and I love the little house journaling blocks.

Cindy deRosier said...

Super cute! I love the idea of using your handwriting as a cut title. And those little houses are so adorable holding journaling!

Nancy Keslin said...

so cute. love the title. thanks for sharing.