Thursday, May 15, 2014

Take Me Out To The Ball Game: Photo And Layout Update

We're all about softball and baseball at my house lately. Alexis recently started playing softball at our recreation district, and her coach gave us tickets to a local Triple A team's game. We had a wonderful time at the Zephyr's game, but you know what? It's hard to take selfies with a DSLR. That thing is heavy!

Alexis had her photo taken with the mascots, but Brandon didn't want anything to do with them. They're nutria... Boudreax D. Nutria and his wife, Clotile to be exact.

I had a lot of fun playing with my camera settings while trying to get a good picture of the game under the lights. 

I was also lucky enough to grab a shot of Alexis' softball team last weekend. It's already starting to get really hot here, so thank goodness they have uniforms with no sleeves. I've just had to buy a ton of sunscreen! Alexis is almost a full head shorter than most of the girls, but she hustles and is learning quickly. We're really proud of her. 

I just wish she'd stop growing up so fast. She'll be thirteen in December, and I still can't wrap my mind around that.

Of course, this post wouldn't be complete without sharing some baseball themed layouts! I've finally finished scrapping Brandon's first year of tee ball. As you can see by the quality of the photos, these were taken before I got my DSLR. I tried really hard to think of a way to incorporate a lot of small pictures. When I saw the big Viewmaster reel die cut in the Silhouette store, I knew exactly what I wanted to do.

Viewmaster_Scrapbook Page_Die Cut_Baseball
The quickest way to scrap any set of photos is with divided page protectors. A few pictures, some stickers, and a die cut from Miss Kate's Cuttables made for a fast but cute design.

Divided Page Protector_Baseball_Die Cut_Scrapbook Page
This is the back of the previous divided page protector. I used the same idea as the first page, but I ended up adding some stamping and some washi tape to finish things off.

Trophy_Baseball Team_Scrapbook_Project Life
As you can see, we're a family that loves watching and playing sports! That's all I have for today, but I hope to be back soon with some Easter pages and a freebie.

7 comments:

Cindy Gay said...

Love all the pictures, especially the 13 year old:)

Debbie P said...

Your layout and pocket page spreads are amazing! I love those papers and embellishments! Such cute photos, and your selfie was awesome despite the heavy camera!

Cindy deRosier said...

Awesome pages! I love the photo with the nutria. (Nutrias? Is nutria plural? I don't know nearly enough about nutria/s!) What a fun mascot!

Doreen Vasquez said...

Love all the pics and layouts!!!
I didn't even realize 2 of them were pocket pages until Debbie mentioned it in her comment!
You need a cell phone to take selfies though...
Oh and my daughter will be 13 in January so I know your pain! <3

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love the photos and the pages!! That view finder wheel one is FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Oh my goodness, Heather! I remember those softball days when Katie played way back when! Your layouts and photos are awesome and really show the fun of the game! And your pages are so creative, too. Thanks for sharing them with all of us!

Nancy Keslin said...

great photos, awesome pages. woo hoo to miss A with the softball.