Thursday, May 22, 2014

Welcome To The Jungle: Disney 2013 Series

I have a bad habit of letting my pictures pile up. I know we've already discussed my Christmas photo situation and my Easter picture stash. I have caught up on my Christmas scrapping, but I'm ignoring the Easter pile because I have another set to address.  I shall call it the Disney photo mountain. It's not as fun as Splash Mountain... it mostly just sits there and makes me feel like a slacker. What's a girl to do? The issue is critical now because I found out we will be going back to Disney World in the near future. Crunch time! I have to get this set of Disney pictures scrapped before we go back.

I've decided to create a new series on my blog as motivation to get caught up. Mostly because it worked really well last time! Welcome to the Disney 2013 series. (2013 was the year we went, I know it's 2014 now. LOL)

I'm kicking the series off with my favorite picture from our whole trip. The Disney photographer asked our group to growl at her, and I got a kick out of everyone's faces in this shot. It sums up the whole fun spirit of our trip! I used Bo Bunny's Zoology collection with some files from Miss Kate's Cuttables to complete this design.

Animal Kingdom_Family Photo_Scrapbook Page
My second project features photos from the Jungle Cruise where Jordan answered all of the questions that the adults didn't know. The difference between an Asian elephant and an African elephant? The Asian elephant has smaller ears. Good times! Again, I used Bo Bunny's Zoology line and Miss Kate's Cuttables fabulous files to add some pizzazz to my page. 

Magic Kingdom_Disney_Jungle Cruise_Scrapbook


Next, I'll have some layouts that I made with pictures from Hollywood Studios. I'm going to jump around from park to park just like we did on our trip because I'm trying to keep my finished book in order.

10 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

Fun! I love Disney layouts! Looking forward to seeing them all.

Kristie W. said...

Fabulous pages!! We just got back from Disney a few weeks ago and can relate to the piles of photos. Can't wait to see more!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh these are fabulous! I love love love love the photos and the colors!!!! Can't wait to see how these pages all come together!!!!!!!!!!

Debbie P said...

I'm so loving these layouts and the photos! So awesome Heather!

Ashley Horton said...

I attempted this with all of our Disney photos too, and miserably failed!! HA! :) These are great pages Heather, and I love the color scheme you used!

Cindy Gay said...

Love the leaves and group shot!

Deb @ Focused on the Magic said...

I love your Animal Kingdom Layout and the Roaring picture is fabulous! What fun!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Such a fun and fabulous layout!!! I love the family photo so much!!! And I really like how you used the Animal Kingdom theme here. Your page is so creative!!!!

Doreen Vasquez said...

Gosh, love the "nature" colors you used on your layouts! Very fitting!
As far as letting pictures pile up...I don't look at it that way, because I know I will never be able to scrap every picture! As long as I have them for people to look through, I'm good w/ never "catching up"!
Good luck w/ your new goal!
(I know you can do it!)

Nancy Keslin said...

I love your page...the design and colors are fab. as far as putting things off...well, you wrote this post how long ago? lol hugs...miss you