Thursday, August 28, 2014

Oh Boy! She's Recovering: Disney 2013

We've been pretty busy with therapy appointments three times a week, but I wanted to drop by for a quick post. Jordan is learning how to walk again, and today she took her first steps without her walker. She is miles past what the doctor said she would be capable of doing. He estimated that she would begin re-learning how to walk six weeks after the surgery. She's only four weeks out, and she's walking on her own. Her determination has always amazed me, but it doesn't surprise me anymore. In fact, I warned him that she was going to recover quickly due to God's blessing on her life, and sheer grit.

Needless to say, keeping up with her has been a full time job. I haven't been able to scrapbook lately, but I do have a layout that I made over a month ago to share. I'm looking forward to scrapping with a close friend soon. It seems like I haven't played with paper in ages!

Lightning McQueen_Cars_Disney_Scrapbook

I was inspired the right side of this fabulous sketch that Susan Stringfellow made for Basic Grey. Her sketches are always wonderful.


I used Crate Paper's Toy Box collection and embellishments on this project. They went wonderfully with the colors in my pictures. I also chose some clear epoxy Disney stickers to add to the theme. Meeting Mater was one of the highlights of Brandon's Disney trip!

8 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

YAY for Jordan!! That's WONDERFUL!!! I love love love your lo! LOVING the colors and the photos!!!!!!

vdoyle8 said...

I'm so happy to hear that she's doing well! Blessings to you all! Please let her know that my Sophie (Westie who had two leg surgeries) is sending her best also!

Linda J said...

Sounds like she's doing great! Yay!! Hopefully you can get back to creating and everything will be back to normal soon :)

Just wanted to let you know, I got a new blog (this is Linda, previously from My Passion Is). My new blog is Glitter & Gold Memories: http://glitterandgoldmemories.blogspot.com/

Cindy deRosier said...

Jordan is amazing! So glad to hear that her recovery is ahead of schedule. Love your LO!

Nancy Keslin said...

hooray for ms. j...she is so amazing (as are you, btw) love your layout. great take on the sketch.

Cindy Gay said...

Beautiful photo of Jordan!

Sharon Fritchman said...

I have always said that about Jordan, Heather. I absolutley LOVE this black and white photo that you took of her. May God continue to bless her throughout her life, and you, too! And I really like the Cars layout that you made. It was Anne's favorite movie when she was little and we must have watched it at least a 100 times! She was thrilled when she got to meet Lightening McQueen!!!!

Gabbi said...

I really loved this LO and I hope you don't mind that I did a scraplift of it!