Monday, August 4, 2014

Post Surgery Update: Miss Jojo Rocks!

As you can imagine, I'm super busy with helping Jordan recover after her surgery. Her surgery was on the 31st, and the first night was really hard on her. We couldn't pick her up or touch her at all without causing her a massive amount of pain. It took them a long time to figure out which pain medicines worked best for her. She finally got some relief on the second day. It's surreal to know that she has two broken legs. My baby!

Femoral Derotation Osteotomy_Surgery_Cerebral Palsy_Jordan

We were at the hospital for three days, and she was super excited to break out. (The fact that she could have ice cream for breakfast didn't make her want to stay.) I improvised a foot support with some foam for our hour long drive home, and thankfully it helped keep her pain level to a minimum. 

The surgery was very successful, and her knee caps are no longer "kissing". She's already standing with support and taking small steps with a walker. It's absolutely amazing that's she's so determined to walk again. She has been such a trooper! I'll try to keep everyone posted on what's going on through my blog. 

Before I go, I wanted to take a minute to say thank you to everyone who took the time out of their busy lives to send cards to cheer up Miss J. It took her days to open all of them, and they were a perfect distraction when the pain was too intense. There's a photo of her with all of the opened cards in the collage above. You guys absolutely rock! 

9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Glad everything went well!!!!!!!!

Karen Hasheck said...

I am so happy to hear the surgery went well and Jordan is home. I am glad too she enjoyed her cards- I see my card on the bed with her:)

vdoyle8 said...

She looks terrific! I'm so glad the cards were fun for her. Mine had photographs of my two Westies, Sophie & Vinny. I forgot to tell Jordan that Sophie has had two leg surgeries also - and send her all her best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Debbie P said...

Oh my goodness, I've been away. So much has happened. I'm so glad her surgery went well. Such a trooper. Even has that sweet smile still on her face. Hugs to all of you!

Cindy Gay said...

Awe, she did great! So glad to hear.

Sharon Fritchman said...

I am so happy that she is doing good post-op, Heather. I will continue to keep Jordan and all of you in my daily prayers! HUGS!!!!!

S said...

Glad everything worked out and she's on the mend. She does indeed rock!

Jennifer said...

I'm so glad that the surgery went well. I hope her recovery goes smoothly and that she's feeling better soon!

Nancy Keslin said...

she is such a cutie. glad to hear all is going so well.