Saturday, September 6, 2014

Magic Memories: Disney 2013

Recently, I was honored to be chosen as a guest designer for the Miss Kate's Cuttables blog! I had a lot of fun choosing a file to work with for my post. I am still scrapping my Disney photos, so the Magic Memories set was perfect for my project.

Animal Kingdom_Disney Scrapbook_Die Cuts_Miss Kate's Cuttables
































My pictures didn't include traditional Disney colors, so I thought it would be fun to make a Disney themed page with a different color scheme. I chose cream, black, grey, and shades of blue because those are Brandon's favorite colors. I decided to mat the title on the bracket shape that was meant for a journaling block. I adhered the Mickey heads throughout the page to create a visual triangle that would lead the eye around.

All of my supplies came from the Crate Paper Boy's Rule collection. If you know me at all, you know that I had to have this entire set. Floppy disks, gamer embellishments, and navy blue... right up my alley!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today.

8 comments:

Mitra Pratt said...

LOVE that set! in particular that paper with the paper ailplanes! Rock star page! Love the colors you picked!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

CONGRATS on the GDT!! This is gorgeous! I loveeeeeeeeee the colors and the grid design!!!!

vdoyle8 said...

Love your page -- it's so nice to be able to use different colors on a Disney layout. Really like the way you did your title. Tell Jordan my Sophie is thinking about her and hoping she's doing well!

Cindy deRosier said...

Wow - it's awesome. It's such an unusual paper/color choice for Disney and it totally works. Great job!

Michelle said...

It turned out great! I have some of this collection too. I love the title cut, perfect for your page.

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hi Heather! I just love the way you used this collection to make such a fabulous and creative Disney page!

Cindy Gay said...

Sweet smiles! Like the blue!

Nancy Keslin said...

love the smiles on the littles faces. thanks for sharing.