Monday, January 5, 2015

I Still Believe In Magic (And Mickey)

I promised to post photos of our Disney trip, so here I am! Instead of posting individual pictures, I decided to make a collage from each day that features my favorite Disney moments. 

Day 1: Hollywood Studios- We ate breakfast at Hollywood And Vine so Jordan could see Sofia The First, then we went straight to meet her again at the character greeting spot. We played in "snow" at one of the Frozen attractions. Ronnie's Mom bought the kids light-sabers during the Fantasmic show, and we took a photo with the famous hat before they dismantled it. Brandon did well, but by the end of the day he was quite overwhelmed.  

Hollywood Studios_Photography_Sofia The First
Day 2: Magic Kingdom- We made a priority to go on rides that we'd never done before, but we didn't forget our old favorites. Jordan ended up crying when she met Anna and it totally made me cry. You know what else made me (almost) cry? My first time on Space Mountain. You could never, ever pay me to do that again!!! We rode the Barnstormer, and the 7-D Mine Train. That was Brandon's first roller coaster ride. He was so funny! He laughed and screamed at the same time. Also, I got to meet one of my online scrappy buddies for the first time. This trip was FULL of firsts!

Magic Kingdom_Photography_Space Mountain
Day 3: Downtown Disney And Epcot- We went shopping in the morning after figuring out where to park. The amount of construction was completely insane. Brandon found a little piece of happy at the Lego store. They had Minecraft Legos and he got two sets. He didn't want any Disney souvenirs. He just wanted Legos. We ate lunch at T-Rex, and Jordan bought a Build-A-Dino as her souvenir. Alexis had to have an Elsa dress from World Of Disney. When lunch was over, we headed to The Land ride in Epcot because Ronnie's parents love it. Later, they watched Brandon while we went on Test Track. After that, Brandon was about to have an absolute meltdown so Ronnie brought him back to the hotel early. The girls and I stayed a little longer to ride Soarin' and meet some characters. 

Epcot_Test Track_Legos_Goofy Photography
Day 4: Animal Kingdom- Ronnie's parents came with us to eat breakfast at Chef Mickey's, but they didn't want to go to the park. They rode the monorail back to the Polynesian and we headed to the Animal Kingdom. We rode Kali River Rapids for the first time and Alexis got soaked! She didn't think it was as funny as the rest of us did. We played drums, and we waited about 45 minutes for the Lion King show to start. Guess what?! Alexis was chosen to go on the stage during the show. It was one of the coolest parts of our trip! She did a great job showing everyone how to roar like a lion.

Animal Kingdom_Lion King_Africa_Family_Disney_Photography
As usual, we had a great time. I was a little worried that Brandon didn't enjoy himself much due to the fact that he seemed so overwhelmed. When we got home he told me, "Mom, I miss being in Disney already." I was so happy to hear that. Personally, I'm hoping our next vacation will be a little more relaxing. When we come back from Disney I'm always exhausted. It's almost like I need a vacation to recover from our vacation. 

4 comments:

Cindy Gay said...

Glad you got pictures with you and Ronnie. Can't believe Brandon was having a meltdown:(

Cindy deRosier said...

Sounds like a great trip, although I totally hear you about needing a vacation after a vacation! Glad you got a picture in front of the hat. I'm sad that it's coming down. I get why, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

How fun! LOVING all the photos!!!!!

Amanda Sevall said...

What a fun trip!! Love all the photos and so glad you had a good time :)