Saturday, April 11, 2015

Elsewhere

My birthday was yesterday, so I guess you can say that today I'm another year wiser. (It just sounds better than saying another year older.) I'm not a vain person at all. I hardly wear makeup, and you'll usually find me in jeans and a t-shirt. The only thing that's bothering me about this getting older business is the wrinkles. I have them under my eyes, and when I smile they pop up. I guess 35 is a good age for finding a decent wrinkle cream. Any suggestions? Until then, I suppose Photoshop will have to do. 

I'm dropping by today to share two layouts. I made them with scraps from my Crate Paper Close Knit collection. I'm finally reaching the bottom of the barrel with that collection. Pretty soon, I'll be sharing a new set of pages.

I suppose it's fitting that I'm sharing a project with a picture of me at about five years old in the same post where I'm complaining about my wrinkles. (Thirty years ago?! Yikes.) The photo was taken when I met my little brother for the first time. He was tiny and I was convinced that we didn't need him because he was a boy. Luckily, they talked me in to keeping him. That's my grandfather in the photo with me, and he recently got out of the hospital after a fight with bacterial pneumonia. He's one of my favorite people in the world and it really scared me to see him so sick. I am beyond thankful that he's feeling better now.

Baby Brother_Big Sister_Scrapbook Page
This layout includes a picture of Brandon looking completely ticked off. He has never liked grass on his bare skin. Not as a baby, and not now. He would frown his little heart out any time I put him down on it. He didn't like sand either! All I wanted was a sweet photo. Now that he has his Autism diagnosis we know that he has sensory processing problems, and these moments make a lot more sense.

Autism_Scrapbook Page_Sensory Issues
I hope you are all having a fantastic weekend, I'm off to work in a little while to sub for a friend who needed someone to go in for her. It'll be busy, but fun as always! 

5 comments:

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Happy belated B-day Heather! Both are lovely layouts! Even better when you get to use up stash.:)

Heather McMahon said...

Hi Heather. I've just found your blog and have enjoyed going through your work. I'm loving what you've created!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These are gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the designs!!!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

Great to see you scrapping again! Beautiful layouts.

Cindy Gay said...

Love both layouts. Happy Birthday. Unsure about wrinkles (they might be caused by smiles). I do like Oil of Olay Total Effects. (the one with sunscreen)