Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Music & Magic: Disney 2014

I got the coolest birthday present from a scrappy friend of mine a few weeks ago. I've wanted to try the Silhouette pens for a while, but I hadn't ordered them yet. Marlene sent me a whole package, and I was super excited use them in my design. The directions were very easy to follow and I love the detail they added to my page. 

These photos are some of my favorites from our Disney trip. We were waiting to get in to see the Lion King show, and we passed by these really neat drums. Of course, my kids had to stop to create their own music. My husband and I also participated because everyone is a kid in Disney World!

Animal Kingdom_Disney World_Drums_Scrapbook

I used Basic Grey's Second City collection to create this layout. The colors are so vibrant and fun! I doodled the music notes, but the swirled border was created with the Silhouette pens.

6 comments:

Cindy Gay said...

Love all the embellishments, especially the "pen".

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Cool layout!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the fun photos!!!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

How fun! I played with the Silhouette pens once and they're really cool. I LOVE this layout! Great colors and the doodling, leaf, and penwork go together perfectly.

Sharon Fritchman said...

Boy, it looks like you can do almost anything with your Silhouette! I love that border - so creative, Heather! And I really like how your layouts always tell a story, too. This one is fun, fabulous, and beautifully designed, my friend!

Heather McMahon said...

Oh that border is very cool! What a perfect page for the pics!