Monday, June 29, 2015

Big, Giant, HUGE, SPLASH!: Disney 2014

We've been on quite a few Disney trips, but I never got to ride Splash Mountain. It was always closed when we went because we go in winter to avoid large crowds. We lucked out last year and it was open. Alexis wanted to sit in the front row so badly that she used her wish on the It's A Small World ride to wish that we would sit in the front. I found out when they seated us in the front row and she started shouting, "Yes!" She cracks me up. It was worth the wait, we had fun! 

Splash Mountain_Disney World_Scrapbook Page

I used Crate Paper's Open Road collection to create this project. I thought the feathers and banjo would work really well with the country theme of the ride. The picture of Alexis and I is one of my favorites from this trip. We were absolutely soaking wet! Thank goodness it wasn't too cold.

3 comments:

Jinny Newlin said...

Super cute, Heather! Great design, and I just love your mix of papers/patterns!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous!! LOVING the colors, the bit of wood grain and the feathers!!!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

Great photos! And all the details are so fun, right down to the banjo and 'Adventure.' Even in the heat of summer, I don't like being soaked at a theme park, so I avoid Splash Mountain. I think I went enough times as a teenager that I can skip it the rest of my life. ;)