Saturday, June 20, 2015

Lights, Motors, ACTION!: Disney 2014

Our last Disney trip was well planned out if I say so myself, but I can't predict rain. We waited a long time for the Lights, Motors, Action! show to happen. Unfortunately, it was drizzling and they were not going on due to safety issues. My mother-in-law and I took the girls to hold our lunch reservations while the guys stayed to watch the show. The boys made it just in time to eat lunch, but they cut it really close!

Lights Motors Action_Show_Disney_Hollywood Studios_Scrapbook

I mostly used Crate Paper's Open Road collection to scrap this page. I pulled all of the yellow and blue accents from the collection to match a small strip that I had left from a piece of Elle's Studio Saltwater paper. Of course, the speed limit sign and license plate were perfect embellishments.

My next layout was created with Basic Grey's Second City collection. I specifically bought the collection to match these photos. We stumbled upon Oaken's Trading Post in Hollywood Studios, and the kids just HAD to build a snowman. We don't get snow often in Louisiana, so they were thrilled to play in the ice. Ronnie was less happy as it was very slippery, and I sent him in there to help Jordan. Everyone made it out in one piece and fun was had by all.

Frozen_Disney_Snowman_Trading Post_Elsa Anna_Scrapbook

I also used some older Scraptastic Club stamps that I've had in my stash for a while on this project. I'm trying to stamp more, but I find it hard once the layout is together because I'm worried I'll ruin it. Does anyone else feel that way?

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the photos!!! What an awesome trip!!!!

Heather McMahon said...

What fab projects! I love that you're getting all your Disney photos scrapped. Re the stamping, try stamping on acetate or similar then put it in place or stamp on the background before you create the rest of the layout. Hope that helps.

Cindy Gay said...

Love the look on Brandon's face. Great designs.

Susanne said...

Both great pages, I really like the flow of the first one.

Cindy deRosier said...

LOVE these layouts! I keep looking closer and closer for clues that they're actually paper and not digital!