Monday, January 25, 2016

Let's Go!: Disney 2014

It made me so sad to hear that Disney planned to tear down the sorcerer's hat in Hollywood Studios. We made it a priority to take our photo in front of it on our last trip. I know that change is inevitable, but we will miss it!

I used Basic Grey's Second City line to create this page. I loved the unique color combination that worked so well with many of my vacation pictures. This layout came together quickly with a few scraps and some cardstock from my stash.

I also had enough pieces left over to make two cards! I love it when I finish an entire collection. It just makes me happy. These will be a great addition to the set of cards that I keep on hand for emergency card situations. (Doesn't everyone have those?)

This last project features Lily Bee's Picket Fence collection. Brandon was totally unimpressed with the Hollywood & Vine breakfast on our last trip. He didn't want to talk to the characters at all. When I asked everyone to pose for a photo in front of a backdrop, he wasn't having it!

The title says "Please Smile For Me" because that's what I was begging him to do. Ronnie even got in the picture with him, but he wasn't interested in smiling at all. It makes a funny page in the end. We won't make him go to Hollywood & Vine again. He just wanted to eat his breakfast in peace!

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love these! LOVING the photos and the stitching on the 2nd one!!! And too funny he wouldn't smile! LOL!!!!!

Cindy Gay said...

The background collages are always perfectly designed! Hope you're having a great new year Heather!

Cindy deRosier said...

Love these layouts! I'm sad the hat is coming down too. It's so iconic. Glad you got it in the photos! Love the stitching on the second layout.

Susanne said...

These are fabulous - that flair on the first is perfect, and the stitching on the second one rocks. Really great layouts!

Sharon Fritchman said...

These are amazing! I love them both, again!! And it's so funny because Anne did not like Hollywood and Vine, either. She almost cried there.