Friday, March 11, 2016

Buried Treasure & Stuff

I went into my bedroom this afternoon to scrapbook, and I found a kid asleep on my bed in the middle of the day. We have had some awful weather for the past few days, and Jordan decided to use her down time to take a nap. I'm not going to lie... I was kinda jealous! Since I couldn't use my Silhouette, I decided to write a blog post instead. 

My kids love going to my grandparents' house because it's always an adventure. Maw Maw constantly has interesting plans and things to do around her house. There are chickens to feed, trees to climb, and so much more to explore! On a recent visit, the kids helped my grandma sift through a big pile of debris from a house that burnt down years ago. It's on the front of their property, and she's slowly been getting rid of sharp objects that could injure someone. 

The kids decided that it was a treasure hunt and they found lots of "artifacts" including a bottle, rusty hemostats, and a lot of broken glass. Of course, I got roped into bringing most of that home! 

I chose Basic Grey's Aurora line to scrap the Instagram photos that I had printed a few weeks ago. Instagram photos are a little harder for me to scrap, especially if I've used a filter on the photos. The different tints make choosing paper difficult.

I also have two cards to share today! The first one was created with supplies from My Mind's Eye's Cut And Paste Presh collection.


Next, I used scraps from Basic Grey's Fresh Cut collection to make this sunny card.  


I love having a stash of cards for events, and I also can't throw scraps away until they are tiny. Card making solves both of those issues for me!

I hope you are all staying high and dry. The flooding in Louisiana is incredibly bad and we are very worried about friends and family members. So far, my house has been safe. We're spending time in prayer for everyone who has lost property, and are especially focusing our prayers on the families who have lost loved ones.

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving that lo and the cards!!! Just gorgeous! And looks like the kids had fun looking for treasures!!!!! And sending prayers about the floods ... so sad!!!!!!

Cindy Gay said...

I love the Hi card. My kids always called Bob's Mom Ma Ma! The buried treasure reminded me of the old glass factory. We would walk the tracks, then dig broken glass to put into empty bottles. Later on, the glass factory sold the broken glass in bottles:)

Tracey Sabella said...

What a beautiful way to capture these memories of your children spending time at their great-grandparent's home. Such a bright, happy page and I adore how you journaled around the photos!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

Garden of Grace

Cindy deRosier said...

Love the treasure hunting! I'd have fun doing that too.

Prayers for all who are suffering with flooding. It's scary. Glad you're safe.

Susanne said...

Love that grid layout - and the journaling around the edge. Cute cards too. I hope by now Louisiana is in better shape than before.