Saturday, April 30, 2016

Pirated Kisses

I was supposed to go to the grocery store this afternoon but we are under a severe thunderstorm watch so that's not going to happen. (Yay!) Instead, I think I'll scrapbook this afternoon. Right after I share this page! Rainy days are great for scrapbooking and naps. It's hard to choose between the two sometimes, but I think I'll scrapbook today.


This project features one of the best pictures I have of Brandon. We spent some time on my grandpa's house boat a few years ago with my Mom. We were all hanging out and visiting when Mom and I suddenly had the urge to steal some kisses. Stealing kisses works really well on boats because your victim can't escape. My grandma snapped this photo at the perfect time! I love Brandon's big grin. Poor kiddo... You can tell how much we torture him.

I used Simple Stories' I Heart Summer collection to create this layout. I loved all of the nautical embellishments. The felt wave border was given to me a few years ago by a friend. I frequently look for ways to use older goodies with new collections, and it works wonderfully! I was inspired by Ashley Horton's design in her free Silhouette class on Scrapbook.com.

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love this! LOVING the circle elements, the journaling, the colors and that fun pic of Brandon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Susanne said...

This is super cute - love that wave!! I was lucky enough to be rained in yesterday too. Thankfully my mojo was cooperating like yours.

Cindy deRosier said...

This is adorable! As much I as love naps, scrapbooking wins every time. But there's something about a rainy day that makes me want to read even more than craft.

Cindy Gay said...

I love this one, starting with the title. What lucky grand kids (that their grandfather has a boat!)