Tuesday, May 31, 2016

10 Reasons (You Are Perfect Just The Way You Are)

I love my kids like crazy, and it makes me so sad when they don't feel confident. My Jojo has been struggling with some self-esteem issues lately. Nothing huge, just pre-teen stuff and the fact that living with a disability is always difficult. She's always been quite sure of herself so I'm sure this is only a phase, but I have been making a special effort to help her realize that she's awesome. I'm not just saying that because I'm her Mom either. She is one amazing kid! I made this page for my sweet girl and the journaling is a list of 10 reasons she's perfect the way God made her. 

This layout was inspired by Ashley Horton's Silhouette class at Scrapbook.com. It's based on the lesson about creating your own stencils. The supplies came from My Mind's Eye's Market Street Ashbury Heights collection. I also used gelatos for the first time on this project. I think I'm already slightly addicted!


I also have a card to share today! I made it a while back with some scraps from Basic Grey's Herbs and Honey collection. I love using the last tiny scraps from a kit to make cards to keep in my stash. This one is an all purpose card. I make a lot of those because you never know what will come up!

7 comments:

vdoyle8 said...

Love this layout! And what a great idea for your girl!

vdoyle8 said...

Absolutely love this! That background is awesome and I love the way you incorporated the journaling around the perimeter of the layout.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sorry she has been struggling :( That is so hard on them :(

LOVING your lo and the card! LOVING those circles on your lo and loving how you did the journaling!!!!!!!!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

What a wonderful page! I don't know her, obviously, but it's clear that Jordan is someone very, very special. I'm constantly amazed by what she does and seemingly always with a smile.

Cindy Gay said...

Awe, that's wonderful! Very nice handwriting Heather!

Doreen Vasquez said...

My daughter, Madison 14, is going through the same thing!
Poor girls!
It hurts my heart to see my daughter that way.
I know I went through major self esteem issues when I was younger so I have tried really hard to make things easier on her, but... I think no matter what, it just goes w/ the territory of growing up ESPECIALLY if you're a girl!
My daughter has the added issue of suffering from a mild form of social anxiety (unfortunately inherited from me).
((Hugs)) to you and your daughter!

Heather Landry said...

Doreen, I'm sorry your sweetheart is struggling too. I seem to remember that 12 was rough for me too so I'm hoping it's just a stage!