Friday, May 27, 2016

Happiness Is A Day At The Beach

I can't believe it's already summer again! The kids are working on some math skills to keep their brains firing on all cylinders, and we are participating in the summer reading program at our local library. Other than that, we are already enjoying the break from our full homeschool schedule. Our summer is shaping up nicely because I have a lot of wonderful summer plans for the kids, and I'm anticipating lots of scrapbooking as well. Speaking of scrapbooking, I recently made another layout inspired by Ashley Horton's class on Scrapbook.com


This design was based on the technique in the shaped text lesson. Most of the supplies came from Simple Stories I Heart Summer collection. It was perfect for scrapping this picture of Brandon rolling around in the sand at the beach. It's hard to believe, but when he was tiny he hated sand with a passion. We have a hard time keeping him out of it now.

4 comments:

vdoyle8 said...

I love this shaped text! What a great layout!
I don't know if you remember me but we chatted a bit when your daughter had surgery - my dog had surgery on her leg at the same time. Well, we now have a new puppy named Stella - she's a delight. Enjoy your summer plans!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeee this! LOVING that photo, the colors and the circular title work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

SO cute! It's really cool with the cut-out title.

Cindy Gay said...

Oh wow- your shapes are perfect! Enjoy your summer.