Sunday, May 22, 2016

Lovely Day

I usually celebrate my birthday quietly with my immediate family and I have never had a surprise party before. All of that changed on my 36th birthday when I walked into work! My boss acted funny and she kept trying to get me to go in a certain room. When I finally did, I was surprised to see it decorated for my birthday. I was really shocked and I ended up smiling for the rest of the day! 


This page is based on a sketch that Ashley Horton posted for a challenge in the Hip Kit Club Facebook group. It came together quickly with a bunch of scraps and bits from my stash. Most of the goodies came from Echo Park's Capture Life collection, but there are some Studio Calico embellies tucked in here and there as well. The cupcake flag is from Bella Blvd. and the enamel dots are by My Mind's Eye.

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love this! LOVING the photo, the '36', and the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

How fun! Happy birthday! May 36 be your best year so far. :)

Cindy Gay said...

Awe, I love this. Love the diagonal, handkerchief design and memory here. You are so deserving of a party. Happy 36th!

Doreen Vasquez said...

Fun layout! Love all the colors and your paper cuts! I think this is a great design for when you need to use up paper scraps! BTW - I have (most) of those same PPs and I love them!