Thursday, May 5, 2016

The Best Ever

When I first started homeschooling my children, I had no idea what I was doing. I ordered a curriculum in a box that came with a teacher's manual, and we went from there. The curriculum included "nature walks" and we made sure to add plenty of time outside to our studies. One day after it rained, I decided that it would be a good idea to explore the puddles. Brandon and Jordan had a blast playing in the muddy water. (Alexis was still in public school.) They discovered lots of creepy crawly things. Ick!

I challenged myself to use three pieces of Basic Grey's Herbs and Honey paper and one sheet of their stickers to create this page. It ended up being a bit too simple, so I had to break down and grab a few buttons from my stash. I really like how the simplicity of the layout leaves the focus on the photos. This design was inspired by Susan Stringfellow's sketch #157. 

4 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

It's really pretty. And you're right - the buttons are the perfect finishing touch. I'm picturing it without them and something is definitely missing.

Susanne said...

This really is an eye-catching page. I have leftovers of this paper line, I am now inspired to see if I can use them up as wonderfully as you did.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love this! LOVING the photos, the colors and how you added the buttons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cindy Gay said...

Great pictures. Perfect design. Happy Belated Mothers Day!