Saturday, June 18, 2016

Beachy

Our heat index reached 114 degrees yesterday, so it must officially be summer! We've been keeping cool with a kiddie pool and a sprinkler in our backyard, but it's really not enough. We may have to head back to the beach soon, but for now I'll have to be content with scrapbooking older beach pictures. These photos were taken a few years ago at our local state park. My kids adore turning themselves into sandy messes!













Almost all of the supplies on this project are from Simple Stories' I Heart Summer collection. They were totally perfect for scrapping our little beach trip. I added the bling and embroidery floss from my stash. This layout was inspired by a lesson in Ashley Horton's Silhouette class at Scrapbook.com and by a page that Shimelle Lane created called "Snack Spot".

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeee this! LOVING the photos, the colors and that title work!! It was 118 here a couple of weekends ago, and it's up to 119 this weekend! Crazy AZ!! LOL!!!!!

Susanne said...

Love your stitching around that die-cut title. Fabulous layout.

Cindy deRosier said...

Great layout! I really like the title work and the scalloped fish border. I think the beach is the last place I'd want to go with a 114 heat index - so much better to stay home and scrap! :)

Cindy Gay said...

Lots of fun at the beach! Stay "cool"!