Saturday, June 11, 2016

I survived VBS 2016!

We participated in VBS last week and the kids had a blast! Our church hosted 1,000 children for VBS and we had an amazing 300+ volunteers. I coordinated the special needs VBS and it went wonderfully. I had fantastic volunteers, and the kids were amazing of course! This weekend I'm spending some time resting because I'm not feeling well. I seem to have picked up a cold at VBS. It's funny because the same thing happened last year. I guess wherever there are children there will be germs?

Anyway, my down time means that I have an opportunity to blog and that's always a good thing. I created this layout featuring a photo of Brandon making a face because he was worried about touching muddy water. We were straining the water through a sieve to see what types of animals we could find. I didn't blame him for being grossed out. It was pretty icky. Luckily, he warmed up to the idea quickly and started splashing around in search of bugs and crawly things.

I also made a card out of the scraps that were leftover after I made my page. It's a quick, generic card that would be good for a masculine recipient. 


I used Scenic Route's Grafton collection to design both of these projects. (Yes, I'm still hoarding Scenic Route goodies.) I loved all of the green papers and embellishments because green is my favorite color.
Save

4 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

Great projects! I recognized the SR right away because I'm still hoarding it too.

Susanne said...

Fabulous projects. Good for you for working at VBS - that's always a challenging task, but wonderful in the end.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are fabulous! LOVING the colors and that title on your lo is perfect! Hope you feel better soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cindy Gay said...

Great graphics on both the card and the layout and such a fine job with Vacation Bible School.