Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Life Is Rough Indeed

Our dog Sophie passed away on Mother's Day this year and we are still processing and dealing with our grief. She was a beautiful cocker spaniel and she was so patient with Brandon. When he would have meltdowns due to his Autism, she would let him curl up next to her and cry. We only had her for two short years, but she will be in our hearts forever. I made this page before she passed away, but I couldn't bring myself to share it until now.

Sophie always threw a fit after she went to the groomer, and I loved to take pictures of her while she had her diva moments after we brought her home. This is one of my favorite photos of her. She just couldn't take being pretty any longer! 

The supplies on this page are a mismatch of different lines from many companies. Most of them came from Scenic Route's Grafton line. The rest were pulled from my stash. I was inspired by Ashley Horton's lesson called "One Cut File Two Ways" in her Silhouette class at Scrapbook.com.

I also have a card to share today. I made it with scraps that I had leftover from creating with Basic Grey's Herbs and Honey line, and I really love the way it turned out. I used sketch #134 from Retro Sketches as a guide while creating this project. 

































I'm not sure who I will give this card to yet, but I know many sweet people who could use some encouragement so I'm sure it won't be in my stash for long!

8 comments:

Marci Bensing said...

So very sorry for your loss of Sophie...I understand all too well . one day at a time is the only way- glad for all your happy memories of a wonderful family member!

vdoyle8 said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I, too, had a Sophie and she passed away from cancer on February 13th. She left an enormous hole in my heart. I think we corresponded a couple of years ago because my Sophie had surgery on her leg at the same time your daughter did? Am I remembering that correctly? At any rate, I am so sorry for your heartache. These pups make a big impact on our quality of life. We have a new puppy named Stella and she is making us laugh and smile every day.

vdoyle8 said...

I am so very sorry for your loss. These pups are never with us long enough but two years is WAY too short. I don't know if you remember this, but I also had a dog named Sophie who had surgery on her leg about the same time your daughter had surgery. We exchanged some emails at that time. My Sophie passed away in February and we were devastated, as you are. I am happy to report that baby Stella joined our family in May and has been a big help in healing our hearts. I pray for your peace as well.

Sorry if you got this twice -- I'm having trouble posting on blogs for someone weird reason.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So sorry for your loss ... I know it's always hard to lose a furbaby :( I loveeeeeeeeeee the page you made in her honor! That photo is sooooooo precious and love love love the big star and the stitching!!!!!!!!!!!

Doreen Vasquez said...

I left you a comment but I guess it didn't go through...
Let me try again:

I'm very sorry for your loss...
Fur babies are definitely family and losing them is devastating!
My heart goes out to you and your family (as I've been there and completely understand your sorrow).

Despite the sadness of your post, the layout you made of Sophie is absolutely adorable! And the card is beautiful; great mix of colors and "leftovers"!

Wishing you all quick healing!

Heather Landry said...

Thank you for your kind words Doreen! We're taking it one day at a time over here. This is the second pet we've lost in the last 5 years so it's really rough.

Cindy deRosier said...

I'm so very sorry to hear you've lost Sophie. I'm glad for the two happy years you had with her and hope the memories bring comfort. You've made a beautiful page about her.

Cindy Gay said...

I'm sorry about your sweet dogs' passing. She was loved.