Thursday, June 16, 2016

Picture This

I'm still on mandatory rest for my bronchitis and I'm about to go stir crazy. This is day two of not cleaning my house or going to work. My house looks like a bomb went off in it because there are clothes everywhere. Ronnie tries to catch up with everything as much as he can when he gets home from work, but it's a lot to do. He has helped me so much and I am very blessed to have such an amazing husband. It sounds crazy, but I'm looking forward to being able to clean again on Saturday. Our whole routine is off, and nobody likes it when Momma is sick!

I have a few projects to share today. This is the companion layout to the one I posted a few days ago. It was inspired by Ashley Horton's "One Cut File Two Ways" lesson in her Silhouette class at Scrapbook.com. Brandon doesn't ask to have his picture taken much, but when he saw the giant pelican statue at a local restaurant he was so excited! It's not a perfect photo, but it's a treasured one for sure.


I also have a card to share today. I liked the way my "The Perfect Day" card came out so much that I lifted it and created this one. It's the same basic design, but it's brighter and I like it.

































Most of my supplies for these projects came from Scenic Route's Grafton line, but I pulled several packages of older embellishments from my stash to add interesting details.

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I hope you feel better soon!! I love love love your projects!! LOVING that sewn star on your lo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

I LOVE this layout, everything about it! Sorry to hear you're on forced rest. That is the worst. It does sound crazy that you're looking forward to cleaning, but I do totally get it.

Cindy Gay said...

Wow-your stitchery never misses a beat in that perfect star!