Friday, June 3, 2016

Today

I've finally finished Ashley Horton's Silhouette class at Scrapbook.com and I have another page to share. This layout feels so busy to me, and it's not my usual style but I like it. The design features a super sweet photo of my grandmother with Brandon when he was tiny. My Maw Maw is happiest when she's outside digging in the dirt and playing with her pets. I've always treasured watching her share a love of nature with my kids.

Most of the supplies on this page are from My Mind's Eye's Market Street Ashbury Heights collection. I also added a few Prima wood veneer bits. This project was based on Ashley's lesson on creating an ombre watercolored background.

I also have a card to share today. I made it with the last bits of my Fancy Pants' Love Birds collection. I think it will work well for Valentine's day next year. I'll just hide it in my stash until then! 

































This card was inspired by Sheri Gilson's design. I pinned it to my Pinterest board a long time ago. If you're on Pinterest, I'd love to friend you there! My Pinterest Profile
Save

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are gorgeous! LOVING the background you created on your lo!!!!!!!!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

It's a bit too busy for me, but I do like it. You obviously got a lot out of this class! Fun to see you working outside your comfort zone. :)

Susanne said...

Love the ombre effect on your layout, and sweet card too.

Cindy Gay said...

Love the layout and how it depicts your Grandmother.

Doreen Vasquez said...

The BG of the layout is super cool, wow! Also, I'm not usually a fan of cards but I really like what you created: Love the colors, the pretty PP and the kraft border/ribbon combo!