Monday, August 15, 2016

Get Up: Autism Walk

We have participated in a yearly autism walk since Brandon was diagnosed three years ago. We had a big group this year, and I took a bunch of photos to document the occasion. My sister-in-law even brought my brand new nephew to walk/roll. We had a great time. The biggest surprise was when my grandparents showed up. We were so happy to see them!

Most of the supplies on this layout are from Echo Park's Capture Life line, but I pulled some washi tape, enamel dots, and mist from my stash. I entered this layout into a music themed challenge at Scrapbook.com and I won! I was able to pick an extra song for everyone in this month's challenge. (If you're curious, the song I had for July was Marky Mark's Good Vibrations and I used part of the lyrics for the title.)

I'm still working my way through a pile of scraps by making cards because I can't bear to throw big pieces away. I'm taking the Valentine's Card Class at PageMaps, but who says I have to make valentine cards with the directions? 

Both of these cards feature Simple Stories' I Heart Summer line. The colors are so fresh and the little bicycle embellishments totally had to go on a project. I was glad I found a way to use them!

I used my Cuttlebug to emboss several of the layers, and I added dimensional adhesive behind the banners to make them pop. A tiny bit of twine from my stash finished them perfectly. I can't wait to mail them out!
SaveSave

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeee these! LOVING the photos on your lo and loving the bikes on your cards!!!!!!!!!!!

Cindy Gay said...

Always love your work and accomplishments!

Cindy deRosier said...

Very cool! We did the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation walks to many years, but I never scrapped them. I should.