Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Almost Perfect

If you follow me on Instagram, you probably already know that we have a new family member. He's been keeping us so busy that I haven't posted about him here yet. Sophie passed away this May on Mother's Day and we were pretty sure we wouldn't get another dog. Unfortunately, Brandon had a really hard time adjusting to life without a dog because one of his coping mechanisms was cuddling Sophie. We ended up with this sweet guy in July. 

His name is Rocky Beauregard Landry and he was under four pounds when we brought him home. He's lived with us for four months now and we couldn't be more in love with him. He's grown just a little.

Brandon wanted a bigger dog who would run around and fetch a ball. I wanted a big, cuddly snuggle buddy. We all got what we wanted. He fit into our family seamlessly and basically potty trained himself. He's a smart cookie!

Before I forget, I have a layout to share as well. It features a photo from a wonderful day that we spent as a family. We took the kids outside to play baseball and the weather was just perfect. Jordan stopped playing for a while because she was tired, and Ronnie took a break to cuddle her. She's always had him wrapped around her little finger. 


I created a pie chart cut file for this page and backed it with different patterned papers from the My Mind's Eye Ashbury Heights collection. I don't usually scrapbook with darker colors, but I really like the way my project turned out. The striped gold washi tape in that collection is fabulous! I'm going to need more of it soon.

7 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

Such a pretty layout. I'm looking forward to seeing some Rocky layouts. He's adorable!

Doreen Vasquez said...

I am so sorry for your loss!! ((HUGS)) I lost my 15 year old malti-poo this past June and it was very difficult so I know exactly how you feel!
Your new doggie is absolutely adorable!
Looking forward to seeing more photos of the cutie!

Sweet layout...the photo conveys such a tender moment and I love the colorful pie chart and how well the PPs work together!
The whole pie chart as a design element has always intrigued me but I'm afraid of actually doing it myself!
You rocked it!

Doreen Vasquez said...

Forgot to ask...what's your IG name? Mine is Mrs_David_Vasquez if you're interested!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Rocky is ADORABLE!!!!!! And loving your lo! That photo is just PRECIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hi Heather! It is always wonderful when I visit your blog. Your scrapbook page is absolutely amazing. That photo is such a lovely moment between your hubby and Jordan. I love the way you scrapped it. And I am not on Instagram very often, so I have not seen these adorable photos of Rocky. These warm my heart. And I want you to know that I am keeping Jordan and all of you in my daily prayers, too! HUGS!

Cindy Gay said...

Love the dog and the layout. Agree. . . almost perfect!

Heather McMahon said...

Awww, I don't know which I love more the gorgeous page or the adorable dog! Both are amazing!